In the nonprofit world, we are always trying to make the dollars go a little further. For some organizations, having a professional development budget is unfathomable and for others it can be hard to ask for this funding when money is already so tight; after all, we are saving kids, puppies and trees.
Even if your organization does not have a professional development budget, there are still plenty of ways for you and your team to get the training you need to take your organization to the next level. Check out these professional development funding opportunities:
The Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta
The Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta provides scholarship opportunities for nonprofit staff and board members to attend professional and organizational development workshops and trainings. Through this opportunity, The Community Foundation will cover the cost of attendance for Foundation Center’s Proposal Writing Boot Camp, InwardBound Center for Nonprofit Leadership’s coaching services, and variety of other programs designed for nonprofit professionals.
Young Nonprofit Professionals Network of Atlanta
The Young Nonprofit Professionals Network of Atlanta will award individual grants of up to $750 for professional development opportunities, such as conference attendance, class and workshop fees, membership to professional associations, and more!
Deadline: July 31, 2015
Looking for more professional development & capacity building grants?
Grants for Capacity Building, Management & Technical Assistance describes recent grants given by larger foundations for capacity building efforts. You can also use Foundation Directory Online, our searchable database of grantmakers, to find funders who support capacity building in your field. You can buy or subscribe to these products, or you can use them for free at our Atlanta office.
Free Professional Development Opportunities
Don’t qualify for one of the opportunities above? There are still lots of ways to build your skill sets on a limited budget. Check out these opportunities:
- On GrantSpace, we offer a number of free webinars on proposal writing, finding funding, fundraising planning, and more. Don’t forget to also check out the Foundation Center’s in-person events.
- 4Good has a large collection of free nonprofit webinars presented by an array of consultants and nonprofits. Webinar topics include strategic planning, board development, executive management, fundraising, and marketing.
- Nonprofit Tech for Good offers free webinars on everything related to social media and blogging.
- CharityVillage makes their webinar recordings available for free. Topics include job searching tips, time management, fundraising, and marketing.
- Network for Good offers free webinars on all things fundraising.
- Firespring provides free webinars on all things nonprofit marketing.
- CharityHowTo: Improve your annual fundraising campaign with these free webinars.
- OnGood: Free webinars on social media, visual content, and blogging.
- VolunteerMatch: Become a volunteer engagement expert with these free webinars.
- Techsoup: Get your tech questions answered with these free webinars.
- GuideStar hosts free webinars on governance, financials and transparency.
On the topic of professional development, is your nonprofit employer willing to contribute financially to your professional development?